Thursday, January 14, 2016

Our family would like to thank you all for your constant prayers, love and support for Whitney over the last year. Not only did you share in the light of her faith and courage, but you shared the burden of her darkest days.  So many times when she would retire to her room--our best efforts at lifting her up having crumbled under the weight of our own heavy hearts-she would pick up her phone or laptop and almost instantly be elevated by your messages, responses and phone calls. Whitney touched so many lives only because you allowed her into your hearts.  You didn't join her on her journey so much as allowing her to join each of you on your own personal, unique journey as we all face life's battles.  You were her army. An army of God that appeared out of the bleak horizon and carried her  when she could not carry herself.  Now she has finished her tour. Not without injury or scars, but with a final victory nonetheless. Now we turn our hearts back to the battleground that we so easily forget is raging. Not only to comfort others in need, but to take new ground in faith and courage. We have all gained ground.  We have all grown by the light of her love for Christ--a love light that only radiated more and more... even in the last hours.

Try not to question or doubt  why Whitney was not healed in this life.  Our faith and whether we believe in God's power can not rest on her shoulders. Only Christ could carry that burden.  Whitney's purpose may have been just to confirm in our hearts what we already know to be true.  Only by faith can we embrace the miracle of Christ and the power of His blood.  And only by letting our light shine can we  realize the  fullness of the joy of sharing that miracle. Thank you, Stacy Hardee

23 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read this news as I realized that Whitney had not posted lately. She put up a great fight and my prayers are that her family has the strength to help them thru this most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. She asked for her phone several times over the last few weeks but lacked the strength or composure to post like she wanted to. I think she was waiting for some good news to share.

      Delete
  2. Dear Cox/Hardee Family,
    I am so very sorry to hear this news. I really thought Whitney was going to beat this. Her spirit, her faith, her beauty, has left an imprint on many. I prayed so many times for her miracle....and who knows....maybe that is just what she got. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Especially for the little ones, who cannot understand. My own mother passed when I was twelve
    and now at 60 I still miss her.
    Whitney is now out of pain and she is at peace...you will see her again.
    Take care of yourselves....those "littles" need you!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Addie. I'm sure your mother would be proud of you.

      Delete
  3. She is not gone, She is only away....Prayers to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had only come across this blog late 2014, I myself am recovering from an extremely rare cancer, while I am cancer free at the moment the changes of my cancer returning within the first two years after treatment is 98%. I found this blog and Whitney inspiring to me, while not a deeply religious person, I found comfort in her words of such deeply devoted faith. I am so saddened that she is gone and only hope you can find comfort that she is no longer in pain. I have often thought of my own mortality as I too have two small children just 6 and 5 in age, I can not imagine what your family is going through but please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you and will always be. Whitney was very inspirational to me and many others I can see. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam. I pray your cancer does not return.

      Delete
  5. Dear family I am so sorry for your loss. Whitney was a huge inspiration for me in my own ongoing battle with cancer. She has touched so many cancer patients with her spirituality,faith and courage. I will never forget her and I wish you God's peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. She would be so happy to hear that she helped in some way.

      Delete
  6. Oh no. I am so sorry to read about your loss. I was wondering why there was no recent posts. I am glad she is finally pain free and healed in heaven. God bless you all. Thank you for allowing us to share in her journey. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear family & friends of Whitney, I'm so sorry for your loss of your loved one. Whitney made such an impact for God's glory in her final days, I was blessed so much to read her blogs and pray with her. May the Lord send His comfort in gentle and mighty ways. May you all be surrounded by His peace. Whitney was a blessing in my life and inspired me greatly, I only knew her through this blog. She has been on the prayer list at our church, East Side Christian Church in Council Bluffs. We love you and thank you for sharing these difficult final posts, thank you for your honesty.With sympathy, prayers and love,
    Amber Paulsen (& David)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for your loss. Whitney was an inspiration to so many with her faith and coragous fight. May God be with you and the rest of her family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry for your loss. Whitney was an inspiration to so many with her faith and coragous fight. May God be with you and the rest of her family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was following her from France, so deeply impressed by her strength and her faith. Her words made me grow and touched my heart. She made me want to believe that God has won, he's won against death and I know that one day I'll meet Whitney in heaven. Courage... you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ara. Whitney never lost her faith. IN the early hours of the night before she died, she had her hands folded in whispering prayer. I wanted to lean in and listen, but I felt it was a private conversation--between her and Christ. She was at peace.

      Delete
  11. I have been following Whitney's blog from the beginning. As I was helping my dad fight his own battle with cancer I found such a peace and strength within her words. I never had the opportunity to meet her but she held a very special place in my heart and prayed for her all the time. She really touched my heart. Prayers for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for those kind words. It helps so much to know that folks were blessed by her experience. Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry for your loss...even if I know that Whitney will be forever in your hearts and she will watch over your family forever. She was so inspiring and her grace and kindness were so special. I'll keep praying for your family, hoping that God send you the strenght to live your life following Whitney's inspiration. Hugs from Italy.

    ReplyDelete