Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Update

Good news, bad news!  The bad news is, the last chemo regimen I was on...kicked my butt and the cancer progressed.  I had to be admitted into the hospital twice within 3 weeks time.  The good news is, I'm feeling much better now!  I am on a new regimen that I believe is working, and we are searching for clinical trials where I might be a promising candidate.  A friend of mine had me meet a wonderful man of God who prayed over me. He told me I had to leave expecting something to happen.  Well I am expecting!  I am full of hope and happiness and I believe I am going to get my healing.  We can't always be on the mountain top, there are valleys to travel through as well. I am not alone though.  I am at peace and I am held.  God is good!

Please do not be concerned as I do not post here often. I am no where near the end of my life and my quality of life is great.  I am just spending the majority of my time with my children, my family, getting lots of rest and doing whatever makes me happy!  I do not enjoy spending too much time behind the computer screen, although I am still very active on facebook.  I will post here when I have updates and time or if God places a message on my heart.  God bless you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update...keeping you in my prayers.
    You look wonderful!!! Do whatever makes you happy :) Your health and your family
    is most important.
    May God shine His light on you always!!!! Rest & take care!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better, I had tears of joy reading this! You continue to inspire me to live life with joy and hope despite the hardships. Thank you so much for the update and hugs and prayers always! I know God is taking care of you! Melissa R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Whitney, you are a blessing. You shine the light of Jesus inside and out, even during a difficult time. I'm glad you are feeling better now and having refreshing times with your family. Praying for you, friend! And praying for your family. :) God bless you all.
    Since you are on facebook, there is a woman named "Susie Larson" who has an awesome inspiring page that has a morning and evening prayer. I think you would like it:
    https://www.facebook.com/deeperlifeinchrist
    Here is Susie's prayer for today, I will copy and paste it from her facebook:
    "Morning Blessing: May you, amidst your everyday life, dare to scoot a little closer to Jesus, cup your ear, and listen to what He has to say to you. He loves you. He cherishes you. He has hopes for you. He wants to heal you, restore you, and renew you. His truth will set you free. His power will part the waters. His love will heal your soul. His heart for you will make you whole. Lean in today. Listen for His voice; it's gentle, powerful, redemptive, and life-giving. Oh, how He loves you! May you dare to believe who you can be because of Him. Have a blessed and beautiful day."
    In Christ,
    Amber Paulsen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know that I am praying for your healing. You are a beautiful person, inside and out. May God set his hand on you and give you the desires of your heart.

    Debbie Z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your family. You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me think of you today: http://www.hellou.co.uk/2015/12/mum-who-died-of-cancer-writes-beautifully-witty-and-foul-mouthed-letter-73678/

    ReplyDelete