Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Simply, Let Me Stay Here




Let me start by saying, God’s work is not done in me.  There is still healing taking place and one day I will be free of this cancer.  That is the “big picture.”   Complete healing.  Cure.  But it is important not to lose sight of the little details along the way.  My attitude could easily be, “Yes, everything is small right now.  But the cancer is still there.”  That is not healthy thinking.  If you focus on the negative, that’s all you’re going to have.  This is all a part of God’s plan for me.  I keep saying, “I’m going to get my miracle,” but the truth is, every day is a miracle.  Every single day is a gift to be treasured.  We are owed nothing in this world, to be here is an honor.

Every day I simply ask God to let me stay here.  When I sit outside, “Let me stay.”  When I watch my children, “Let me stay.”   When I look at my husband, “Let me stay.”  Well, here I am.  I just celebrated my 28th birthday a few days ago and I feel good and I am here.  The tumors and nodules are very small right now and though the cancer is still there, so is hope.  Hope is always there.  God is answering my prayers, even though I am not cancer free just yet.  Every day that I wake up is an answered prayer.   So do not be discouraged if your “big picture” doesn’t seem to be happening right now.  God is listening.  God is working.  Stay positive and trust in Him.

We all know that is what is expected of us.  That’s what God wants, is for us to trust Him.  Sometimes this is easier said than done.  Kind of like when my Dad is driving.   It might get tense.  Things might get a little scary.  But if I just close my eyes and trust that he indeed knows how to drive, I enjoy the ride much more.  Haha.  But seriously, when I let go of my worries and let God take control, my burden was lifted.  He carries it for me.  I enjoy life more without the worry.  Yes, I still have concerns in the back of my mind, but God is dealing with them.  I am comforted.  So close your eyes, and trust God.


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

6 comments:

  1. Whitney, I know God led me to you My daughter was just diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and we've struggled to find peace. You are such an encouragement to me. I find strength and promise in your posts. I believe in both your miracles. God will answer your prayers and reward your faith. you are a blessing to me. god bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means so much to me! I am praying for complete healing for your daughter. And peace, comfort, and joy in the process! I am also praying for you as you fight this battle with her. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. Thinking of you, Whitney. Praying for you every day. You're an inspiration and I thank you once again for your blog. I try soooo hard to have your faith and mentality. I will not give up!! God bless you, Melissa R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never give up Melissa! I am rooting you on! Sending prayers for you my friend.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for being such an inspiration and a light, even while you are going through the hard battle. May the Lord reward you for what you have done. God is strong through you, even when you are weak. You are letting your light shine.

    The other day I was praying for you in my morning time with the Lord. I had a vision of kissing the top of your head. I don't know if it was me, or Jesus, or someone in your family (kissing you on your head), but it made me think of how the Lord loves you so much and delights in you. You are His. Have you ever read the children's book by Max Lucado called "You are Special". I love that book, it's one of my favorites and I think you would like it. Praying that the Great Physician, the God of miracles, brings you to complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Amber, for sharing this with me! I will look into this book as well :). God bless you!

      Delete