Monday, May 18, 2015

This Too Shall Pass






When I began chemotherapy in January, it hit me hard. I was sick. My body was still weakened from the effects of cancer. However, I got stronger. It happened quickly and it was amazing. All my pain, my fatigue, everything just seemed to disappear. Although I was on chemo, I felt better than I had in months. I honestly did not mind getting treatments. I was just so thankful to not feel the way I did before. I actually felt like myself again. Sure, I was out for a couple of days after treatment, but once I got over it, I was able to do whatever I wanted to do. I felt completely normal. There was no stopping me.

But now I'm not "bouncing back" the way I used to. Chemo puts me out for about 3 days, and then...I'm still weak. I tire easily even on my week off from chemo. My inner child is pouting and shouting, "I want to play!" I don't even look like myself anymore. I look worn. I feel worn.

This too shall pass. I will try to be patient. God is strong FOR me. Soon, there will be no more treatments. Soon, I will be strong. I used to run every day. Oh how I loved to run. Soon, I'll be back on my feet. When Taylor asks me to play tag, my answer will be YES.  Soon.

When life gets you down, carry on, carry on! It is easy to get down when you aren't feeling well. Especially when you feel bad every day. Focus on the positive. Focus on your progress. If you're not making progress right now, focus on your goals. Remember that you are not alone, God is right there, in the good times and the bad. You are precious to Him, and he is cradling you like a newborn babe. Get alone with God; have a conversation. When you open yourself up completely to let Him take control, the battle is not yours anymore.  He will fight it for you.


2 Corinthians 4:17-18

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

17 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Whitney, and continue to draw close to our Lord. Will continue to pray for your complete healing and renewed strength so you can get back to the business of playing with your kiddos.

    Numbers 6:24-26

    "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

    Been reading your blog. I have grade II astrocytoma brain cancer. You're in my thoughts.

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter was recently diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. You have brought a sense of peace and comfort to me. I believe in a healing for both of you! God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I, too, believe in that healing for both of us! Prayers sent your way, God bless!

      Delete
  4. Hang in there Whitney! I have been reading your blog and praying for you. Sorry I haven't reached out to you before now. Your faith and determination to beat cancer is inspiring. My son dealt with 2 years of chemo and he is doing great now, so YES keep saying "This Too Will Pass"! Before you know it, you will be up and running about still inspiring others and bringing glory to God. Keep your positive attitude and remember prayer is so powerful. Praying that God gives you some comfort as he holds you right now. Love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This too shall pass!!!
    The chemo is working hard to get rid of the "bad guys"!!!!
    Going away with the old damaged cells....so, of course, you may not feel or look like your old self. When it has done it's job....."RE-BIRTH" will begin to renew and restore!!! And OHHH!!! what a rebirth it will be!!! AMEN!!! Your body does need rest to fight and to rebuild. You are on the right path....let Jesus take the wheel and sit back for the ride!!! Your young children may not always understand now but, one day they will. They will see how beautiful and brave you have been.
    Keeping you in my prayers!!!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! You are SO right Addie! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. I love so much your words! So inspiring! Stay strong, God is with you! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whitney, I am adding you to my prayers. I will pray and believe for your full healing and recovery. Medical science has made so many advances in cancer treatment, but there is no substitute for faith in God when you are battling for your life. Doctors can administer medicines and treatments, but healing comes from God. I am in a battle with bone cancer and I have determined to blog my experience as well. I started blogging three weeks ago and am delighted to have found your blog. today. I will read your blog and I will pray for you. You are welcome to read mine as well. I hope it will inspire you and give you encouragement as we travel this road together. http://atwarwithcancer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris! I will be following your blog and sending up prayers for you as well! It is so wonderful that you are encouraging others through your battle. This is so important! God bless!

      Delete