Saturday, April 25, 2015

Invaded

Thursday morning as I was sitting in the chemo suite preparing to get hooked up to chemo round 10, I received a text from my brother saying my home had been broken into.  We've been staying with my parents while I'm on treatment because my husband works shift work and my Mom helps me tremendously with the kids.  Our home is only about 3 minutes down the road so we are in and out often checking on things.  We knew there was a possibility that we could be burglarized while we were away so we did not have many valuables there.  So thank God they did not get much, but they did get some things.  What really broke my heart though was not what they took, but the fact that they know what my family is going through.  Everyone around here knows my situation.  And they used that.  They broke my back door and went through my things, my children's things.  I almost did not take my traditional picture I take each time I get chemo, because I didn't think I would be able to smile with that on my mind.  BUT, I did it.  I smiled and I encouraged those that I could through facebook and kept on going.  The person who invaded my home, does not have the power to invade my heart.  They will have to answer for the terrible things they have done.  Like I've said in a past blog, satan is angry when we do God's work.  Tuesday night I gave my testimony at a church in Hemingway and it was an amazing night.  They had worship and prayer and God was all over that place!  So although I am attacked on different occasions, I am not broken.  I am still standing and I'm not going to change my routine.  I was honored to be the speaker at Andrews Relay for Life last night and I pray that my story was able to give someone hope.  There is always hope!

Two high five's for chemo #10

12 comments:

  1. I am so sorry this had to happen to you while you are in this valley.. Your courage and hope inspires me!! Prayers n hugs from my family to yours!!! Wife n mother to 3 lil ones ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was robbed while going through treatment and I was mad because I felt violated. God reminded me that my security must come from him and satan's goal is to steal. I am so glad to hear how you did not let that defeat you or your family. You showed us who you trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Whitney,
    I was so sorry to read this!! But you are right, satan hates when God is given Glory! Too bad! He will just be given thanks and praise that no one was home and your family is safe!! As the victim of a violent crime, I know all too well how violated you feel but God has kept me safe and has never left my side. He will do the same for you. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. HUGS!! Melissa R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa! I totally agree! God bless :)

      Delete
  4. Hallelujah!! Glory to God!! "...forgive them, for they know not what they do." PRAISE YOU LORD!!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! The devil can only attack what we "feel" (what we experience with our natural senses), but he can not touch the TRUTH in our heart (spirit), so keep putting on the garment of praise, Whitney, and the enemy can do nothing about God's supernatural healing, development, and beautiful witness that He has produced in you! Stay Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! We praise Him when the sun shines and we praise him when it storms! God bless!

      Delete
  5. Oh! I am so sorry to hear of this break-in. I cannot believe this is from someone who might know of your situation. It must be from out of town. Most important is nobody was home and hurt.
    I love all the other comments and have to agree with each one!!! Stay strong your health is most important. Nobody can steal your faith from your heart. Or that beautiful smile off your face!!!
    God bless!!! You are in my prayers.
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I read your comment I was reminded of a bible verse that says the thief will have to repay 7 times what they steal. So although that may not help get your precious belongings back, it may help to remember that God sees what they did and they won't get away with anything in His eyes. I'm so sorry though that it happened to you especially with what you are going through. Praise God that the enemy can't steal your joy! You're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! Thank you for reminding me of this. He will have to answer one day! Tonight, he is in jail. He will probably get out soon, but I am not afraid of him coming back. He saw how our community pulled together to make sure he was caught! I am so blessed :)

      Delete