Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Searching...


I went out to dinner with my husband last night. After all that crazyness I think we've decided next Valentine's day we will stay in! I finally found a couple of hats that fit my tiny head at the mall. On the way home, I was thinking about life before cancer. Not even two short months ago. No one really knew, besides Patrick and my parents, but I was pretty unhappy. On the outside, to everyone else, I was happy. On the inside I was searching. Something in my life was lacking. I let it drag me down every day, usually when I got home in the evenings. I was looking for something that I didn't even know what I was looking for. It took cancer to open my eyes. I needed to give more time to God. I needed to PRAY and READ his word. I needed to LISTEN and let Him guide me on a daily basis. I needed to get back in church, and most importantly make sure my babies were there. I needed to THANK HIM for all the blessings he's bestowed upon me. I needed to have more FAITH. I took my life for granted! All these little things that we stress about on a daily basis...OH they are NOTHING. Don't let them ruin your day. Cherish your family and cherish your TIME on this earth. Cherish your health. We are not promised tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out fine for you and your family. Try to stay positive and do what you need to do so you can be healthy for your family. God bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, your witness is amazing! My dad has been battling this beast called iv cancer for a little over a year, and we've been relying on our relationship with the Lord and a hybrid treatment approach to get us through this. I'm sure you're surrounded by caring folks in SC, but know that you've got people in NC and MD praying for you and your family, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I will be remembering your Dad in prayer also! God bless :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog. I needed that tonight. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading!! God bless :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for posting this. It truly touched me on a personal level and reminded me not to let the small things get me down. I feel like I have been stressing over small things and not focusing enough on God and my blessings. I will continue to pray for you as you face this battle. You are an inspiration and truly a witness for our Lord. "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and rely not on your own understanding." Love and prayers from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers! I am so happy that my post could benefit you. God bless! :)

      Delete